Lenovo ThinkPad T420
Lenovo T420 Designed for portability and power.
ThinkPad® T Series notebooks are Lenovo's Enterprise Best Choice, offering a thin and light design with no-compromise performance at an exceptional price. Plus, with a potential for up to 32.5 hours of battery-life, you can do business anywhere.
Highly mobile, ThinkPad® T Series can stay unplugged up to 30 hours and still deliver the performance you need!† Lenovo's Power Manager, less power-hungry displays, and the latest battery technology let you work wherever, whenever. Lenovo Battery Stretch lets you temporarily extend battery life. In fact, your T Series models will retain a charge for more than 30 days when in standby mode.
Powered for Productivity.
These portable powerhouses feature high-end processors and graphics for lightning-fast performance and durable, reliable data storage.
- Up to Windows® 7 Professional operating system.
- For a difference you can see and feel in multitasking or multimedia, our 2012 models are powered by up to the visibly smart 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor, with top-of-the line performance for your most demanding tasks.
- Our exclusive technology, Lenovo Enhanced Experience 3 for Windows® 7delivers boot times 40% faster than systems without, as well as robust security features and superior web conferencing technology.
- Quick log-in and authentication with the swipe of your finger using the optional industry-leading ThinkPad fingerprint reader.
- Navigate using the famous little red TrackPoint® device or the easy-to-use multitouch touchpad with simple one- and two-finger zooming, scrolling, and rotating.
Multimedia & More.
T Series laptops give you superior graphics performance and immersive surround sound audio experience.
- Intel® HD integrated graphics provides 100% better graphic performance than previous generations.
- Intense graphics and extended battery life. NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology automatically switches to the built-in NVIDIA graphics card only when you need powerful graphics performance. Whether you're putting together a visually intensive presentation on a long-haul flight, heading up three floors to share the latest multimedia design, or you're in a meeting that runs way over schedule, you know you'll get the most out of your battery life.
- Support up to four monitors with NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology.
- Dolby® Home Theater® with virtual surround sound technology.
- Dolby® Advanced Audio™ v2 increases audio clarity for VOIP applications, maximizes volume output without distortion, and improves dialogue clarity when watching videos.†
- 16:9 aspect ratio HD LCD format enhances your viewing experience. Plus, the T530 features a high-end resolution FHD option with 95% color gamut for true color.†
- Mini DisplayPort video connector lets you attach a high-resolution digital display to your notebook.† Hook up everything from monitors to TVs to projectors and it even supports audio.
- T Series includes superior VoIP experience with HD, HD+, and FHD display options, and dual-array HD microphones for advanced noise and echo cancellation. Plus, the T430, T430s, and T530 are Polycom® ready and the 720p HD webcam includes face tracking for most excellent video conferencing. Convenient one-touch access with microphone, speaker, and camera mute buttons allow for quick and easy control.
T Series laptops are all business. Baked, battered, blistered, and blown with sand, ThinkPad notebooks are designed to pass eight, rugged military-spec tests against extreme environmental variables, including temperature, pressure, dust, humidity, and vibration testing. T Series laptops are more than tough enough to endure the rigors of business travel.†
- ThinkPad roll cage
- Optional solid-state drives with no moving parts
- Spill-resistant keyboard
- Reliable, sturdy metal hinge construction designed for daily use
- Carbon fiber reinforcement on 2012 models provides strength and stiffness, while reducing weight and allowing for thinner designs and the best blend of durability and mobility.
- Enterprise operating system support
- Global availability
- Award-winning services and enterprise warranties
- ThinkVantage® Rescue and Recovery® to help you recover from system crashes quickly, even if the primary operating system won't boot
- The Lenovo Solution Center, which is a hardware diagnostic tool that monitors total system health and allows quick and convenient access to frequently-used system management tools, including backup and restore, antivirus and firewall settings, system/software updates, internet connections, and service and support.
- ThinkVantage Active Protection System™, which detects sudden changes in motion and temporarily stops the hard drive to help protect it from damage (not applicable to models with solid state drives)
- ThinkVantage Client Security Solution, a unique hardware-software combination that helps protect your company information, including passwords, encryption keys and electronic credentials, while helping guard against unauthorized data access
- BIOS disablement of ports acts as a final layer of protection for your business-critical data
- Intel® Anti-Theft protection (AT-p), an extra layer of security and manageability incorporated with Computrace® Data Protection™ and Intel vPro™ technology, which helps you recover your laptop in the event of theft
- Remote data disablement to disable your laptop's hardware if it's ever compromised
Industry-Leading Connectivity Options.
All ThinkPad T Series notebooks come with convenient Access Connections™software to manage your connectivity options when you're on-the-go. Other connectivity options include:
WWAN with Gobi™ technology for 3G/4G speed access (select models)
Use your laptop as a mobile hotspot, to share your wireless connection with other devices
Lenovo Mobile Access, pay-as-you-go wireless WAN (WWAN) mobile broadband service that enables online access anywhere, anytime, with flexible pricing and no contract needed